27 Discounts Seniors Did Not Know They Could Get
February 6, 2018 Tips
There are many special discounts that are available to seniors. Retirees are offered discounts at most retailers, restaurants, parks and on public transport. But you won’t get these discounts unless YOU ASK for them. Simply ask the question, “Do you offer a senior discount?” and see how much you can save. And did you know there are special senior discounts that are available just online? Many seniors were shocked to find out that they could save as much as $6,000 by using these online discounts and little-known benefit programs. Here is a list of discounts and offers seniors can take advantage of in 2018.
1. Get a $4,264/year Discount On Your MortgageIf you're a senior homeowner you could save thousands of dollars each year by taking advantage of this gov't program called HARP. The Home Affordable Refinance Plan (HARP) was passed to help the middle class senior Americans reduce their monthly payments by as much as $4,264 each year. The program was set to expire in 2017 but has been extended to 2018. You could bet the banks aren't too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don't find out before time runs out. So while the banks are happily waiting for this program to end, homeowners are urged to act fast and take advantage of HARP. You can check in 60 seconds if you qualify to save $4,264 each year. And the best part it is completely free. If lowering your payments, paying off your mortgage faster, and having an extra $355/month would help you, then this could be the easiest money savings tip you take.
Average savings per year:
2. Discount on Car InsuranceDid you know that depending on your age and other factors you could get a huge discount on car insurance? Recent studies indicate that only 5% of American drivers over the age of 55 are paying less than $50 per month for car insurance. That is probably because they are not taking advantage of the multiple discounts available to them. Click here to learn how seniors can save $500+ on car insurance.
Average savings per year:
3. Save on GroceriesTake full advantage of your senior discount at your local grocery store. Lots of stores offer it – you just need to ask! Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- Farm Fresh - 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee - depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer - 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market - 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket - 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly - varying discounts at participating locations
- Fry’s Food - 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
4. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff PlanOwe a lot of money in a credit card debt? This is what credit companies don’t want you to find out: If you owe more than $20,000 in credit card debt, this proven debt relief program for seniors can reduce the amount of money you owe. You can resolve your debt with no requirement of loans and thus become debt free in just 24 – 48months. If you’ve been struggling to pay your credit card debt, then click here to find out how you can become debt-free! Click Here To Reduce Your Debt
5. FREE Membership to Senior Discounts ClubSenior Discounts Club membership gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more. Sign up below to get the latest deals on healthcare, home appliances, electronics, groceries, restaurant discounts and much more. Unlike AARP, membership to Senior Discounts Club is completely free (no strings attached). When you sign-up you will get a free daily e-mail newsletter sent to your inbox with the latest discounts and deals. To join for free, simply enter your e-mail below and click “SUBSCRIBE”: [mailform]
6. Save Up To 70% On Life InsuranceUnfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For senior citizens, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what’s worse is the fact that many seniors have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age. Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run down your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. Seniors may end up saving up to 70% on their life insurance policy.
Average savings per year:
Smoker - $456 | Non-smoker - $1,002
7. Get Gov't Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy BillDid you know you can significantly reduce your monthly electric bill and pay nothing for it? If you live in a qualified zip code you can get paid to go solar! Thanks to a little-known rebate program called Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, homeowners who live in specific zip codes are getting thousands in rebates to install solar panels. Many people were shocked that subsidies and rebates cover 99% of costs associated with installation so it literally costs $0 to have done. Learn more about this program and check if your zip code qualifies. Senior homeowners can literally save $1,000's of dollars just by using this program.
Average savings per year:
8. Never Pay For Cable Again? This Device Allows You To Watch Your Favorite Channels For FreeStop wasting your hard-earned money on ridiculous subscription fees. You can enjoy your favorite TV channels and shows (such as ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS and more) for free! How? It’s very easy. All you need is a powerful indoor TV antenna – Skylink TV Antenna. It’s suitable for any TV and there are no installation fees, satellite dishes or monthly subscriptions. The best part – it’s absolutely legal. Once you’ll get the TV antenna, it will take you less than 10 seconds to set it up. That’s right. 10 seconds and you can start watching all your favorite shows FOR FREE!
Average savings per year:
9. The Highest Paying Cash Back Card Available To SeniorsThe Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card’s $150 bonus offer and 3% cash back is the best credit card deal we’ve seen in years. If you sign up online today you can receive a $150 online cash bonus after spending only $500 in the first 90 days of opening the account — that’s like earning 30% back on the first $500! The card offers an insane 3% cash back on your choice of six categories: online shopping, drug stores, dining, travel, dining, or gas. Up to 5.25% for Preferred Rewards clients. The 3% for online shopping is the best in the industry. It applies to all online retailers. We like the fact that it offers 3% back for drugstores, which is perfect for seniors that buy a lot of household goods and medication. Bank of America Cash Rewards is a great fit for seniors — who doesn’t love an easy $150 bonus, 0% interest for a year, and no annual fee? Learn more about the easy $150 bonus offer and getting 3% cash back on online shopping. Click Here To Learn More
10. Never Pay For Costly Home RepairsMany seniors simply don’t have enough money lying around to pay for expensive home repairs. Your home insurance won’t cover your washing machine or AC breaking. What if your heater breaks when you need it the most? Who amongst us has hundreds or even thousands available at a moment’s notice for such a repair? This is why many homeowners are getting this new Home Warranty Program and they’re ending up saving thousands in the long run. ACs, electrical heaters, appliances, roofing repairs – they’re all covered! If there’s something they can’t fix they will just replace it. Click Here To Learn More
11. ADT Is Offering Seniors an $850+ Discount on a Home Security SystemThis one is a great money saving idea for those seniors that are homeowners. Your house is 2.5 times more likely to be a target for intruders if you have no security system installed! Horrifying, isn’t it? By installing a security system not only will you deter possible burglars away from your home, but will also save big money on your homeowners’ insurance policy. Installing an alarm system can get you approximately 10-20% off of your homeowners insurance(which is usually mandatory if you own a home). And you might think that getting the system installed is going to cost you a lot, but luckily you’re in for some good news! The good news is that these home alarm companies are pretty desperate for customers at the moment so you can get a good deal. For example ADT, one of the best alarm system companies, are currently offering over $850 in equipment plus a $100 Visa gift card with $99 installation and purchase of monitoring service. And let’s not forget that this system is especially important to seniors, who, by having it in their homes, could get medical aid in a potentially life-threatening situation. Click here to get your $850 discount when installing a home alarm system.
12. Go ShoppingKohl’s, Marshall’s and Stein Mart At Kohl’s on Wednesdays, over 60s can get 15% off. And on Tuesdays, outlet stores Marshall’s, Ross will offer up a 10% discount for seniors – though the exact age is determined by each store. Walgreens hold a “Seniors Day” once a month too – which varies by location. Discounts of 20% are available for Rewards card members that are over 55 years old in store, and if you’re shopping online you can get a 10% price reduction. If you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn. And that’s not all, Stein Mart are treating over 55s with their clearance offer. On the first Monday of each month, you can get an extra 20% discount on clearance items. Goodwill gives 10%-20% discounts varying by store. Also if you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn. Just remember to check with the specific store in your area, as discounts might vary and change without notice.
13. Eating OutIf you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice. Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald's: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy's: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria – 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP – 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Long John Silver's: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
- Taco Bell: 10% off (65+)
- El Pollo Loco: 10% off senior discounts varies by location (55+)
14. Save $1,000s In Costly Car Repairs with FIXDIf you’ve ever gone to your local auto repair shop for an oil change, but instead left with a huge bill for god knows what then this is the device for you. Often mechanics can take advantage of car owners, especially elderly and women, for their lack of knowledge by tricking them into changing parts and making ‘fixes’ that are not needed. But, by using Fixd, you’ll never pay more for car maintenance than you need to again. If you see the mysterious “check engine” light come on, Fixd will be able to tell you exactly what’s wrong with your car. If your car was built after 1996, then Fixd can instantly diagnose any problems it might have. This means that next time something goes wrong, the mechanic won’t be able to trick you. It’s super-easy to use that even the least tech-savvy people can do it. Click Here To Learn More
15. Seniors Can Get Health Insurance For $9/MonthHealth insurance is now available to more Americans than ever before. Subsidized options are easily available to low-income individuals and families. In the past, many people took the risk of not being insured, but with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) you can be fined if you don't have qualified health care insurance. Instead of paying a fine, people who have not been able to afford insurance before are looking for affordable medical insurance options. Whether you have low, mid, or high income, you could greatly reduce your health insurance by using HealthInsurance.net to compare policies and prices, and find what's best for you.
Average savings per month:
16. Sleep Better with This Natural Anti-Snoring SolutionStruggle with snoring but hate the idea of getting a CPAP mask? Luckily, it’s not the ONLY effective solution out there. A simple anti-snoring chin-strap is not only the simplest treatment for snoring, but it’s also the most affordable one! The anti-snoring chin-strap was specifically designed to keep your soft palate airway clear, allowing for better oxygen flow. Due to its lightweight material, it’s so comfortable to wear, you won’t even know it’s there! The only difference you WILL notice is deeper, more restful sleep without snoring. You’ve been feeling tired far too long… You owe it to yourself to try this life-changing product! Click Here to Learn More
17. Eliminate Body Pain By Massaging Your Feet - 50% DiscountTaking inspiration from the ancient practice of reflexology, Magnetic Insoles will massage your way to better health. The magnetized insoles will stimulate precise pressure points on the soles of your feet to relieve strains, reduce pain, and boost your energy levels. Seniors can get 50% off by simply by using our link. On each insole, there is 400 acupoints to target key areas of your body alongside healing magnets that will balance your body’s natural electromagnetic levels. Reduce your back pain and release harmful toxins from your body – Magnetic Insoles are just like having a massage therapist wherever you go. Click Here To Learn More
18. Compare Loan Options For RetireesAs you move into your older years, your lifestyle changes and so do your finances. When that happens, you may find that getting a loan isn’t as easy as it was when you were earning money from employment. Not to worry, there are lenders that will consider you for a personal loan. These loans can help you access money if you don’t have sufficient time to save for it, or if you don’t want to dip into your equity. Sounds good? Click here to get started and compare personal loan rates from around the country with a single, simple application. You can even do it from your phone. Click Here To See If You Qualify For A Loan
19. Save on MedicineHealthcare is an essential part of human life, and the costs of prescriptions add up more and more as you age. Most retirees need to take some type of medication, so it’s only right that you should be able to get a discount on your pills. By choosing the right insurance company for your needs you could get your prescription drugs covered. Also, many seniors may not know this, but they may be eligible to get extra benefits out of their medicare insurance plan. You can also check if you are eligible to get vision, dental, hearing or even arthritis treatment coverage included. Click Here To Save On Medicare
20. Often Drive After Hours? Watch These Amazing Glasses Turn Night Into Day!Calling all commuters! Increase your safety when you are driving at night with a pair of light-weight anti-glare glasses. If you often drive at night you’ll know how it feels to be blinded by the lights of other cars. Now, DaySight is offering a solution to get you home safely. The anti-reflective glasses will cut out glare and fit perfectly over prescription frames you already wear. The tinted lenses block out blinding lights and enhance clarity and contrast so neon lights, street signs, and car lights won’t bother you anymore. Click Here to Learn More
21. Hotel RoomsIf you want to settle down for the night someplace away from home you can be sure to get a discount at Marriott, Comfort Inn, Motel 6 and more. Keep in mind that discounts may vary and change without notice.
- Marriott - 15% discount (62+). You can book online or call and ask for the senior discount
- Red Roof Inn - option of “senior rate” when you book online, may not be available for all locations
- Choice Hotels - 10% discount if you book in advance (60+)
- Hyatt Hotels - up to 50% off in participating locations. To qualify for this deal you have to make a reservation in advance and book for two people (60+)
- La Quinta - varying offers at participating locations (65+). Book online or call and ask for senior discounts
- Omni Hotels - varying offers at participating locations (55+)
- Motel 6 - 10% discount (60+). Call and book over the phone in order to get discount
- Wyndham Hotels - varying offers at participating locations (60+)
- Hampton Inns & Suites - 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance
22. Use Doc Socks To Improve CirculationMillions of Americans have experienced foot pain related to the arch, heel, ankle, or plantar fascia. No matter how much or how little it hurts, foot pain sets a precedent for underlying health issues to come. Don’t ignore the early signs of feet pain, as later it may develop into chronic issues with varicose veins. Thankfully, the wonderful team at Doc Socks have come up with a fantastic pair of compression sock sleeves, which dramatically reduce swelling and pain in the feet, helps with the circulation of blood flow and soothes achy feet. Doc Sock Soothers are designed with 7 targeted zones and 3 levels of compression. You can wear them with or without regular socks by slipping them on as a normal sock. You can get one pair at 50% discount or multiple pairs at more than 50% discount by simply clicking this link! Click Here To Get The Discount
23. Take a Trip to the MoviesAMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas & CineMagic It’s lovely to visit the cinema every so often. Lots of theaters offer a senior discount too. AMC Theaters offer a generous 30% discount to over 60s. While Regal Cinemas are going one better and will give you 35% off if you are 60 and over. With the money you’re saving you can treat the grandchildren and get a bag of candies to eat while you all enjoy the movie. Georgia Theatre Company offer varying senior discounts, depending on location and showtime, so be sure to visit their website for more information. If you’re over 60, you can get into weekday shows before 2pm for $6 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, get $1 or $2 off at B&B Theatres and $2 off all evening shows at Celebration Cinemas. Fridley Theatres offer a Bargain Day every Tuesday for all ages – why not take the grandkids? And at Marcus Theatres seniors can watch matinees for just $5 on Fridays before 5:30 p.m. Showcase Cinemas offer discounted ticket price on Senior Wednesdays at all locations (except Showcase Superlux), and various discounts for popcorn and a soda. If you’re over 65, you can get a discount of between 10%-25% off your ticket price at CineMagic.
24. Tour National ParksYosemite, Yellowstone, The Grand Canyon, Zion, The Everglades & More With this amazing perk, over 62s can use their age advantage to score a serious discount at America’s National Parks. It’s time to tour Yellowstone, senior citizens, you can get an annual pass for just $20 and a lifetime pass for $80. This pass gives seniors access to all 2,000 federal recreation sites, including National Forests and grasslands. You’ll be able to visit all of America’s parks through-out your retirement. The cost of the pass covers your entrance-fee, camping, usage fees for a driver and all passengers. You can take the grandkids camping for free whenever you like. Enjoy wildlife, gorgeous scenery and some well-earned peace and quiet.
25. Keep Your Glasses Crystal Clear With Carbon TechnologyPeeps is changing the definition of “clean glasses”. It’s no wonder that their technology is even used by NASA at the Space Station. This product is very popular among people who know the struggle of cleaning their glasses with the regular cloth. Usually if your fingers are even a little bit oily when you use the cloth or you accidentally touch the glasses with your fingertip you can forget about having clean lenses. Enter Peeps – revolutionary product that cleans your glasses without your fingers touching the glass. Peeps uses a patented invisible carbon formula that safely and easily cleans your glasses, leaving your lenses as clean as the day you got them. And good thing is that Peeps was designed to clean not just the regular eyeglasses but also works great on sunglasses too! Click Here To Learn More
26. Cruise DealsCarnival Cruises, Royal Caribbean, Costa Cruises Is there any better way to celebrate life than to venture out at sea? Cruises are wonderful with their all-inclusive travel options where you get to sit back, have a drink or two for free, soak up the midday sun and enjoy some high-class cuisine along with various live music performances. Cruise lines offer a huge variety of discounts for senior citizens, and this includes some of the most well-known companies like Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean, offering exclusive deals to citizens over the age of 55. You will be able to get a cruise deal anywhere in the world, be it the Caribbean or even the icy Alaska. Keep in mind that not all cruises have discounts, so it is best to check with the specific cruise company.
27. Get a Long-Term Care Insurance QuoteYou’ve worked hard throughout your life and hopefully, you’ve got some money set aside for retirement. But will it be enough if you get in an accident, or develop an illness that makes it impossible for you to take care of yourself? Who will take care of you then? A home health aide costs around $42,000 a year. You wouldn’t want to put this burden on to your family... A Long-Term Care Insurance can prepare you for that. It allows you to get high-quality care in the setting of your choice, to maintain your independence, and avoid paying for your care from a savings account or retirement fund. Protect your retirement nest egg with a Long-Term Care Insurance while premiums are still affordable and your health is still good - click here to get your Competitive Long-Term Care Insurance Quote today. Click Here To Learn More
BONUS #1: Visit Amusement ParksBusch Gardens, SeaWorld Orlando, Disney Land & Dollywood If you’re up for an adventure, you can use your discount at theme parks too. While your days of riding the rollercoaster might be over, there are still some other great attractions on offer. Senior Pass Members at Busch Gardens in Tampa will get various discount offers all year round and SeaWorld Orlando will give you a $3 discount if you are over 50. LegoLand Florida gives seniors a $7 discount on entrance. King’s Island offers seniors over the age of 62 various discounts as well You can also get a senior discount on one-day tickets and seasonal packages at Dolly Parton’s Tennessee-based park, Dollywood, that includes activities for all of the family.
BONUS #2: Public TransportAmtrak, Trailways, Greyhound, National Rent A Car This one is no secret. Many bus and train operators offer discounts for seniors. Rail service, Amtrak will give over 65s a 10% discount on tickets, and Greyhound will save you 5%. 65-years old and over can score 10% with Trailways. Sixt automatically applies a discount if you book online. Hertz offers exclusive car deals for those over the age of 50. Keep in mind that some discounts may vary and can change without notice.
BONUS #3: Cell Phone PlansMobile phones are for senior citizens too, and you’d bet you can get a good deal on one. Keep in mind that deals may vary and can change without notice.
- AT&T - plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall - a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more. The plan offers health and safety tools, which include 24/7 access to urgent care, medication and refill reminders, daily automated calls to check in with you and much more. This plan works best with a Jitterbug phone, which is especially easy and comfortable to use.
- T-Mobile - plan for $70 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide - 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. Keep in mind, however, that this plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular - a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.