There are many special discounts that are available to seniors. Retirees are offered discounts at most retailers, restaurants, parks and on public transport. But you won’t get these discounts unless YOU ASK for them. Simply ask the question, “Do you offer a senior discount?” and see how much you can save.
And did you know there are special senior discounts that are available just online? Many seniors were shocked to find out that they could save as much as $6,000 by using these online discounts and little-known government programs. Here is a list of discounts and offers seniors can take advantage of in 2018.
1. Shopping Discounts
At Kohl’s on Wednesdays, over 60s can get 15% off. And on Tuesdays, outlet stores Marshall’s, Ross will offer up a 10% discount for seniors – though the exact age is determined by each store.
Walgreens hold a “Seniors Day” once a month too – which varies by location. Discounts of 20% are available for Rewards card members that are over 55 years old in store, and if you’re shopping online you can get a 10% price reduction.
If you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn. And that’s not all, Stein Mart are treating over 55s with their clearance offer. On the first Monday of each month, you can get an extra 20% discount on clearance items. Goodwill gives 10%-20% discounts varying by store. Also if you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn.
Just remember to check with the specific store in your area, as discounts might vary and change without notice.
2. Special Mortgage Program Pays Homeowners Up To $77,000 (You Must Qualify)
The amazing government mortgage program can help qualified homeowners pay for home improvements, but the banks have been keeping this a secret!
When homeowners visit the FHA Quiz Website they may be surprised to find out that they qualify for a cash-out payment that could help make home improvements, take a vacation, pay off debts, and more.
This brilliant government program called FHA Cash Out Program can provide up to $77,221 to qualified homeowners (if you qualify). Most homeowners use this cash for home remodelling and repairs but you can use it however you want.).
As far as we are aware, deadlines for these programs haven’t yet been announced, but if transforming your home, paying off debts, or even just taking the cash for a vacation or new car would help you, it’s smart to act now.
Remember, these are free programs and there is absolutely NO COST to see if you are eligible. Click here to check if you qualify and find out how much you can claim. It’s an easy way to put cash back in your pocket!Click Here To See If You Qualify
3. FREE Membership to Senior Discounts Club
Senior Discounts Club membership gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more. Sign up below to get the latest deals on healthcare, home appliances, electronics, groceries, restaurant discounts and much more. Unlike AARP, membership to Senior Discounts Club is completely free (no strings attached). When you sign-up you will get a free daily e-mail newsletter sent to your inbox with the latest discounts and deals.
To join for free, simply enter your e-mail below and click “SUBSCRIBE”:
4. Get Up to $4,264/year Off Your Mortgage (If You Qualify)
If you’re a qualified homeowner you could save thousands of dollars each year by taking advantage of this government program called HARP. The Home Affordable Refinance Plan (HARP) was passed to help American homeowners reduce their monthly mortgage payments by as much as $4,264 each year. You could bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
So while the banks are happily waiting for this program to end, Senior Discounts Club is urging homeowners to see if they qualify for this program for free.
5. Save on Groceries
Take full advantage of your senior discount at your local grocery store. Lots of stores offer it – you just need to ask!
Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- Farm Fresh – 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee – depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer – 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market – 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket – 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly – varying discounts at participating locations
- Fry’s Food – 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
6. Save up to $536 On Your Car Insurance
Did you know that depending on your age, driving record and many other factors you could get a huge discount on car insurance? Most seniors don’t even know these discounts exist. Click here to learn how you can save up to $536 on your car insurance.
7. Homeowners: What Would You Do With $100,000?
Homeowners who fill out the 100k survey website might be shocked to find out that they qualify for a $100k payment to use towards home improvements, paying off debt, college educations for their children, or even buying their dream car.
More and more Americans are starting to discover this amazing program. Intelligent homeowners are starting to use this strategy to claim up to $100,000 to use how they see fit.
This is a free program and there is absolutely NO COST to see if you are eligible. Click here to check if you qualify and find out how much you can claim. It’s an easy way to put cash back in your pocket!Click Here To Claim Up To $100,000
8. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
Owe a lot of money in a credit card debt? This is what credit companies don’t want you to find out:
If you owe more than $20,000 in credit card debt, this proven debt relief program can reduce the amount of money you owe. You can resolve your debt with no requirement of loans and thus become debt free in just 24 – 48 months. If you’ve been struggling to pay your credit card or other debt, then click here to find out how you can become debt-free!Click Here To Learn More
9. Never Pay For Costly Home Repairs Out-of-Pocket Again
Many seniors simply don’t have enough money lying around to pay for expensive home repairs. Your home insurance won’t cover your washing machine or AC breaking. What if your heater breaks when you need it the most? Who amongst us has hundreds or even thousands available at a moment’s notice for such a repair?
This is why many homeowners are getting this new Home Warranty Program and they’re ending up saving thousands in the long run. ACs, electrical heaters, appliances, roofing repairs – they’re all covered! If there’s something they can’t fix they will just replace it.Click Here To Learn More
10. Save up to 70% On Life Insurance
Unfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For some, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what’s worse is the fact that many have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age.
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run down your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. You may end up saving up to 70% on their life insurance policy.
11. Save on Medical Bills
Healthcare is an essential part of human life, and the costs of prescriptions add up more and more as you age. Most retirees need to take some type of medication, so it’s only right that you should be able to get a discount on your pills. By choosing the right insurance company for your needs you could get your prescription drugs covered.
Also, many seniors may not know this, but they may be eligible to get extra benefits out of their medicare insurance plan. You can also check if you are eligible to get vision, dental, hearing or even arthritis treatment coverage included.Click Here To Save On Medicare
12. The Highest Paying Cash Back Card Available To Seniors
The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card’s $150 bonus offer and 3% cash back is the best credit card deal we’ve seen in years.
If you sign up online today you can receive a $150 online cash bonus after spending only $500 in the first 90 days of opening the account — that’s like earning 30% back on the first $500!
The card offers an insane 3% cash back on your choice of six categories: online shopping, drug stores, dining, travel, dining, or gas. Up to 5.25% for Preferred Rewards clients.
The 3% for online shopping is the best in the industry. It applies to all online retailers. We like the fact that it offers 3% back for drugstores, which is perfect for seniors that buy a lot of household goods and medication.
Bank of America Cash Rewards is a great fit for seniors — who doesn’t love an easy $150 bonus, 0% interest for a year, and no annual fee?Click Here To Learn More
13. Eating Out Discounts
If you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria – 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP – 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Long John Silver’s: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
- Taco Bell: 10% off (65+)
- El Pollo Loco: 10% off senior discounts varies by location (55+)
14. Get Government Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy Bill
Did you know you can significantly reduce your monthly electric bill and pay nothing for it? If you live in a qualified zip code you can get paid to go solar! Thanks to a little-known government program called Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, homeowners who live in specific zip codes are getting thousands in rebates to install solar panels.
Many people were shocked that subsidies and rebates cover 99% of costs associated with installation so it literally costs $0 to have done. Learn more about this program and check if your zip code qualifies. Senior homeowners can literally save $1,000’s of dollars just by using this program.
15. Cruise Discounts & Perks
Is there any better way to celebrate life than to venture out at sea? Cruises are wonderful with their all-inclusive travel options where you get to sit back, have a drink or two for free, soak up the midday sun and enjoy some high-class cuisine along with various live music performances.
Cruise lines offer a huge variety of discounts for senior citizens, and this includes some of the most well-known companies like Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean, offering exclusive deals to citizens over the age of 55. You will be able to get a cruise deal anywhere in the world, be it the Caribbean or even the icy Alaska. Keep in mind that not all cruises have discounts, so it is best to check with the specific cruise company.
SeniorDiscountsClub has secured exclusive cruise perks for our members. Among them:
- No Booking Fees
Next to nothing Deposit Program—you can make a reservation with as little as $50 down per person!
Unlimited Cash Back or Bonus Credits on every vacation.
- FREE Onboard Spending Credit for Specialty Dining, Shore Excursions, and more!
- FREE Service Upgrades – The best for Less!
- Free Bonuses and Travel Gifts
- and many others!
Click here to claim your exclusive Senior Discounts Club cruise savings
16. Save $1,000s In Costly Car Repairs with FIXD
If you’ve ever gone to your local auto repair shop for an oil change, but instead left with a huge bill for god knows what then this is the device for you. Often mechanics can take advantage of car owners, especially elderly and women, for their lack of knowledge by tricking them into changing parts and making ‘fixes’ that are not needed.
But, by using Fixd, you’ll never pay more for car maintenance than you need to again. If you see the mysterious “check engine” light come on, Fixd will be able to tell you exactly what’s wrong with your car.
If your car was built after 1996, then Fixd can instantly diagnose any problems it might have. This means that next time something goes wrong, the mechanic won’t be able to trick you. It’s super-easy to use that even the least tech-savvy people can do it.Click Here To Learn More
17. Extend Your Auto Warranty
In most of our county, driving is essential for daily life.
The problem is, when you buy a car, you usually get a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty, but what happens when that warranty ends? You have to pay for repairs out of pocket unless you just happen to be a car mechanic yourself. Most mechanics will not be trying to save you money, and many will try to get you to pay for repairs that you don’t actually need.
18. Hotel Discounts
If you want to settle down for the night someplace away from home you can be sure to get a discount at Marriott, Comfort Inn, Motel 6 and more.
Keep in mind that discounts may vary and change without notice.
- Marriott – 15% discount (62+). You can book online or call and ask for the senior discount
- Red Roof Inn – option of “senior rate” when you book online, may not be available for all locations
- Choice Hotels – 10% discount if you book in advance (60+)
- Hyatt Hotels – up to 50% off in participating locations. To qualify for this deal you have to make a reservation in advance and book for two people (60+)
- La Quinta – varying offers at participating locations (65+). Book online or call and ask for senior discounts
- Omni Hotels – varying offers at participating locations (55+)
- Motel 6 – 10% discount (60+). Call and book over the phone in order to get discount
- Wyndham Hotels – varying offers at participating locations (60+)
- Hampton Inns & Suites – 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance
19. Movies Discounts
AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas & CineMagic
It’s lovely to visit the cinema every so often. Lots of theaters offer a senior discount too. AMC Theaters offer a generous 30% discount to over 60s. While Regal Cinemas are going one better and will give you 35% off if you are 60 and over. With the money you’re saving you can treat the grandchildren and get a bag of candies to eat while you all enjoy the movie.
Georgia Theatre Company offer varying senior discounts, depending on location and showtime, so be sure to visit their website for more information. If you’re over 60, you can get into weekday shows before 2pm for $6 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, get $1 or $2 off at B&B Theatres and $2 off all evening shows at Celebration Cinemas. Fridley Theatres offer a Bargain Day every Tuesday for all ages – why not take the grandkids?
And at Marcus Theatres seniors can watch matinees for just $5 on Fridays before 5:30 p.m. Showcase Cinemas offer discounted ticket price on Senior Wednesdays at all locations (except Showcase Superlux), and various discounts for popcorn and a soda. If you’re over 65, you can get a discount of between 10%-25% off your ticket price at CineMagic.
20. Homeowners Who Bought a House Before 2017 Are In For a Big Surprise
Homeowners are often surprised when they find out they qualify for this free government program that gives them access to lower rates and reduced payments. Homeowners that owe less than $625,000 will likely benefit from this brilliant government program, the Home Affordable Refinance Plan (HARP), has saved the American homeowner millions in mortgage payments.
To date, over 3 million homeowners have already used HARP to refinance and reduce their monthly payments by as much as $4,264 each year ($355/month), but there are still many homeowners that have yet to claim their savings.
The program will expire soon, so Senior Discounts Club is urging homeowners to see if they qualify for this program for free before it is too late.
21. Home Security System Discount – $950 Savings from ADT!
Did you know that your house is 2.5 times more likely to be a target for intruders if you have no security system installed! Horrifying, isn’t it?
That’s why it’s smart for anyone to have a home security system at home. And you might think that getting the system installed is going to cost you a lot, but luckily you’re in for some good news! ADT, one of the best alarm system companies, are currently giving away over $850 in equipment plus a $100 Visa gift card with $99 installation and purchase of monitoring service for our senior readers.
22. Tour National Parks Cheaper
Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Grand Canyon, Zion, The Everglades & More
With this amazing perk, over 62s can use their age advantage to score a serious discount at America’s National Parks.
It’s time to tour Yellowstone, senior citizens, you can get an annual pass for just $20 and a lifetime pass for $80. This pass gives seniors access to all 2,000 federal recreation sites, including National Forests and grasslands. You’ll be able to visit all of America’s parks through-out your retirement.
The cost of the pass covers your entrance-fee, camping, usage fees for a driver and all passengers. You can take the grandkids camping for free whenever you like. Enjoy wildlife, gorgeous scenery and some well-earned peace and quiet.
23. Visit Amusement Parks
Busch Gardens, SeaWorld Orlando, Disney Land & Dollywood
If you’re up for an adventure, you can use your discount at theme parks too. While your days of riding the rollercoaster might be over, there are still some other great attractions on offer.
Senior Pass Members at Busch Gardens in Tampa will get various discount offers all year round and SeaWorld Orlando will give you a $3 discount if you are over 50. LegoLand Florida gives seniors a $7 discount on entrance.
King’s Island offers seniors over the age of 62 various discounts as well You can also get a senior discount on one-day tickets and seasonal packages at Dolly Parton’s Tennessee-based park, Dollywood, that includes activities for all of the family.
24. Health Insurance Savings
Health insurance is now available to more Americans than ever before. Subsidized options are easily available to low-income individuals and families. In the past, many people took the risk of not being insured, but with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) you can be fined if you don’t have qualified health care insurance.
Instead of paying a fine, people who have not been able to afford insurance before are looking for affordable medical insurance options. Whether you have low, mid, or high income, you could greatly reduce your health insurance by using HealthInsurance.net to compare policies and prices, and find what’s best for you.
25. Public Transport Discounts
Amtrak, Trailways, Greyhound, National Rent A Car
This one is no secret. Many bus and train operators offer discounts for seniors. Rail service, Amtrak will give over 65s a 10% discount on tickets, and Greyhound will save you 5%. 65-years old and over can score 10% with Trailways.
Sixt automatically applies a discount if you book online. Hertz offers exclusive car deals for those over the age of 50.
Keep in mind that some discounts may vary and can change without notice.
26. Cell Phone Plans
Mobile phones are for senior citizens too, and you’d bet you can get a good deal on one.
Keep in mind that deals may vary and can change without notice.
- AT&T – plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall – a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more. The plan offers health and safety tools, which include 24/7 access to urgent care, medication and refill reminders, daily automated calls to check in with you and much more. This plan works best with a Jitterbug phone, which is especially easy and comfortable to use.
- T-Mobile – plan for $70 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide – 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. Keep in mind, however, that this plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular – a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.
27. Flight Discounts
Southwest Airlines, United Airlines
If you are thinking of traveling somewhere further from home you might need to know that you can get senior discounts from airlines too. Southwest Airlines will charge retirees at cheaper senior rates, just show proof of age when you are booking.
United Airlines offers senior fares to selected travel destinations for passengers who are 65 and older. Ask for more details on these great fares when you make your reservation or select the seniors (age 65 and older) category when you make your booking. Continental also offers senior discounts on select routes, and you can get senior fares from American Airlines if you contact them by phone.
Don’t forget about these great money-saving ideas:
Life Insurance: Click here to save up to 70% on life insurance
Thank you for reading! If you liked the article, please share it with your friends and loved ones!
You are also welcome to sign-up to our Senior Discounts Club for FREE. Use this limited time offer while you can, spots are filling out fast. You can sign-up below: