There are many special discounts that are available to seniors. Retirees are offered discounts at most retailers, restaurants, parks and on public transport. But you won’t get these discounts unless YOU ASK for them. Simply ask the question, “Do you offer a senior discount?” and see how much you can save.
And did you know there are special senior discounts that are available just online? Many seniors were shocked to find out that they could save as much as $6,000 by using these online discounts and little-known programs. Here is a list of discounts and offers seniors can take advantage of.
1. Save on Groceries
Take full advantage of your senior discount at your local grocery store. Lots of stores offer it – you just need to ask!
Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- Farm Fresh – 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee – depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer – 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market – 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket – 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly – varying discounts at participating locations
- Fry’s Food – 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
2. Get a $3,120 Per Year Mortgage Reduction (If You Qualify)
Homeowners are surprised to learn this free program can offer them up to $3,120 per year in mortgage savings!
Still unknown to many is a brilliant mortgage program called the Freddie Mac’s Enhanced Relief Refinance (FMERR) that could benefit Americans and reduce their payments by as much as $3,120 per year! You could bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
This program could end at any given time in 2019, but the good news is that once you’re in, you’re in. If lowering your payments, paying off your mortgage faster, and even taking some cash out would help you, it’s vital you act now and see if you could qualify for this free enhanced relief refinance program.
3. Shopping Discounts
At Kohl’s on Wednesdays, over 60s can get 15% off. And on Tuesdays, outlet stores Marshall’s, Ross will offer up a 10% discount for seniors – though the exact age is determined by each store.
Walgreens hold a “Seniors Day” once a month too – which varies by location. Discounts of 20% are available for Rewards card members that are over 55 years old in store, and if you’re shopping online you can get a 10% price reduction.
If you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn. And that’s not all, Stein Mart are treating over 55s with their clearance offer. On the first Monday of each month, you can get an extra 20% discount on clearance items. Goodwill gives 10%-20% discounts varying by store. Also if you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn.
Just remember to check with the specific store in your area, as discounts might vary and change without notice.
4. Get a FREE Membership to Senior Discounts Club
Senior Discounts Club membership gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more.
Join for free now to get the latest deals on healthcare, home appliances, electronics, groceries, restaurant discounts and much more. Unlike AARP, membership to Senior Discounts Club is completely free (no strings attached).
When you sign-up for a free account you will get member-exclusive offers, unlimited access to deals, daily e-mail newsletter sent to your inbox with the latest discounts and deals. You can also personalize your experience and be the first to know about the latest deals from your favorite stores and restaurants.Click Here To Join Senior Discounts Club For Free
5. Homeowners: What Would You Do With $100,000?
Senior homeowners who visit the $100k survey website might be shocked to find out that they qualify for a $100,000 cash-out payment that could help them pay for home improvements, pay off debt, take a vacation and much more.
These brilliant mortgage programs can provide up to $100,000 to senior homeowners if they qualify. Most seniors use this cash for home remodeling and repairs but you can use it however you want.
Remember, these are free programs and there is absolutely NO COST added to your refi and to see if you are eligible. Click here to check if you qualify and find out how much you can claim. It’s an easy way to put cash back in your pocket!Click Here To Claim Up To $100,000
6. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
Owe a lot of money in a credit card debt? This is what credit companies don’t want you to find out:
If you owe more than $20,000 in credit card debt, this proven debt relief program can reduce the amount of money you owe. You can resolve your debt with no requirement of loans and thus become debt free in just 24 – 48 months. If you’ve been struggling to pay your credit card or other debt, then click here to find out how you can become debt-free!Click Here To Learn More
7. Save up to 70% On Life Insurance
Unfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For some, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what’s worse is the fact that many have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age.
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run down your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. You may end up saving up to 70% on their life insurance policy.
8. Restaurant Discounts
If you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria – 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP – 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Long John Silver’s: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
- Taco Bell: 10% off (65+)
- El Pollo Loco: 10% off senior discounts varies by location (55+)
9. Never Pay For Home Repairs Out-of-Pocket Again
Unexpected home repairs can be catastrophic to the finances of most seniors who are on a fixed monthly budget. Your home insurance will not cover your refrigerator, stove or washing machine breaking down unexpectedly. Same goes for your heater in the winter or AC unit in the summer, if it breaks, you have to pay the heavy repair bill.
The good news is that there is now a new Home Warranty Program available for seniors that can help protect you from unexpected home repair bills & save you thousands on repairs. Appliances, AC’s, heaters, roofing repairs, etc. – they are all covered under the program. If they cannot fix it, they will replace it, its simple + saving seniors thousands.Click Here To Learn More
10. Get A Discount On Auto Insurance
Did you know that depending on your age, driving record and many other factors you could get a huge discount on car insurance? Most seniors don’t even know these discounts exist. Click here to learn how you can save up to $536 on your car insurance.
11. Get A Free Home Security System*
Did you know that your house is 2.5 times more likely to be a target for intruders if you have no security system installed! Horrifying, isn’t it?
That’s why it’s smart for anyone to have a home security system at home. And you might think that getting the system installed is going to cost you a lot, but luckily you’re in for some good news! We’ve partnered with Protect Your Home, one of the top ADT dealers in America, to give our seniors the best deal possible. You can now get a FREE home security system*, plus a free $100 Visa gift card from Protect Your Home, plus a FREE wireless remote keychain & more additional savings. You just pay $99 installation and the monthly monitoring service. This equates to up to $2550 in value for just the cost of installation. You won’t find this deal anywhere else. Aside from your exclusive savings, having a home security system may also help lower your homeowners insurance, providing addtional savings. Grab this amazing deal while it’s still available (limited time offer).
*With $99 installation and purchase of 36 or 24 mo. Monitoring contract. New homeowners only. Termination fee applies.Click Here For a Free Home Security Quote
12. You Qualify For A Free Medicare Rate Quote
Healthcare is a very important part of every senior’s life. The always increaseing costs of prescriptions add up more and more as you age. Most retirees need to take some type of medication, so it’s only right that you should be able to get a discount on your pills. By choosing the right insurance company for your needs you could get your prescription drugs covered.
Many seniors are not aware that they may be eligible to get extra benefits out of their medicare insurance plan. Medicareplan.com offers plans from numerous health insurance companies for free! You can also check if you are eligible to get vision, dental, hearing or even arthritis treatment coverage included.Click Here To Save On Medicare
13. You Could Be Eligible For A Free Mortgage Relief Program
If you owe less than $679,650 on your home, use this free mortgage relief program. This program was created to give relief to the middle class. The program itself is totally free and doesn’t add any cost to your refi. Like most relief programs though, this one will expire, but there is still time left for hundreds of thousands of qualified homeowners to take advantage.Click Here To Learn More
14. New Home Windows Upgrade Service Saves Seniors a Fortune
Homeowners should never pay full price for windows. In the past replacing windows could cost a fortune. Worse yet, failing to not replace old windows could be catastrophic – causing water leaks, mold and mildew, and increased heating and AC bills.
Savvy homeowners understand that replacing windows is a home improvement investment that not only increases appeal, but can also put money back in the homeowners pocket with lowered heat and AC bills.
Thanks to this brilliant windows comparison site, homeowners no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for new windows, but can instead get them at the best price! The website gets the top licensed and insured vendors in your area to compete for your business – allowing the consumer to secure the best available price without hassle.
Additionally, by adding new windows, you may secure discounts, local promotions and financing options – which could lead to paying $0 down. Every homeowners should check to see what they qualify for – especially those with windows that are more than 8 years old.Click Here To Learn More
15. Cruise Discounts & Perks
Is there any better way to celebrate life than to venture out at sea? Cruises are wonderful with their all-inclusive travel options where you get to sit back, have a drink or two for free, soak up the midday sun and enjoy some high-class cuisine along with various live music performances.
Cruise lines offer a huge variety of discounts for senior citizens, and this includes some of the most well-known companies like Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean, offering exclusive deals to citizens over the age of 55. You will be able to get a cruise deal anywhere in the world, be it the Caribbean or even the icy Alaska. Keep in mind that not all cruises have discounts, so it is best to check with the specific cruise company.
16. A Discount On Your Cell Phone Bill? You Read That Right!
Did you know that many of the large phone companies offers special discounts to senior citizens? These discounts add up quick!
Keep in mind that deals may vary and can change without notice.
- AT&T – plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall – a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more. The plan offers health and safety tools, which include 24/7 access to urgent care, medication and refill reminders, daily automated calls to check in with you and much more. This plan works best with a Jitterbug phone, which is especially easy and comfortable to use.
- T-Mobile – plan for $70 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide – 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. Keep in mind, however, that this plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular – a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.
17. Hotel Discounts
If you want to settle down for the night someplace away from home you can be sure to get a discount at Marriott, Comfort Inn, Motel 6 and more.
Keep in mind that discounts may vary and change without notice.
- Marriott – 15% discount (62+). You can book online or call and ask for the senior discount
- Red Roof Inn – option of “senior rate” when you book online, may not be available for all locations
- Choice Hotels – 10% discount if you book in advance (60+)
- Hyatt Hotels – up to 50% off in participating locations. To qualify for this deal you have to make a reservation in advance and book for two people (60+)
- La Quinta – varying offers at participating locations (65+). Book online or call and ask for senior discounts
- Omni Hotels – varying offers at participating locations (55+)
- Motel 6 – 10% discount (60+). Call and book over the phone in order to get discount
- Wyndham Hotels – varying offers at participating locations (60+)
- Hampton Inns & Suites – 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance
18. Movies Discounts
AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas & CineMagic
It’s lovely to visit the cinema every so often. Lots of theaters offer a senior discount too. AMC Theaters offer a generous 30% discount to over 60s. While Regal Cinemas are going one better and will give you 35% off if you are 60 and over. With the money you’re saving you can treat the grandchildren and get a bag of candies to eat while you all enjoy the movie.
Georgia Theatre Company offer varying senior discounts, depending on location and showtime, so be sure to visit their website for more information. If you’re over 60, you can get into weekday shows before 2pm for $6 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, get $1 or $2 off at B&B Theatres and $2 off all evening shows at Celebration Cinemas. Fridley Theatres offer a Bargain Day every Tuesday for all ages – why not take the grandkids?
And at Marcus Theatres seniors can watch matinees for just $5 on Fridays before 5:30 p.m. Showcase Cinemas offer discounted ticket price on Senior Wednesdays at all locations (except Showcase Superlux), and various discounts for popcorn and a soda. If you’re over 65, you can get a discount of between 10%-25% off your ticket price at CineMagic.
19. Tour National Parks Cheaper
Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Grand Canyon, Zion, The Everglades & More
With this amazing perk, over 62s can use their age advantage to score a serious discount at America’s National Parks.
It’s time to tour Yellowstone, senior citizens, you can get an annual pass for just $20 and a lifetime pass for $80. This pass gives seniors access to all 2,000 federal recreation sites, including National Forests and grasslands. You’ll be able to visit all of America’s parks through-out your retirement.
The cost of the pass covers your entrance-fee, camping, usage fees for a driver and all passengers. You can take the grandkids camping for free whenever you like. Enjoy wildlife, gorgeous scenery and some well-earned peace and quiet.
20. Visit Amusement Parks
Busch Gardens, SeaWorld Orlando, Disney Land & Dollywood
If you’re up for an adventure, you can use your discount at theme parks too. While your days of riding the rollercoaster might be over, there are still some other great attractions on offer.
Senior Pass Members at Busch Gardens in Tampa will get various discount offers all year round and SeaWorld Orlando will give you a $3 discount if you are over 50. LegoLand Florida gives seniors a $7 discount on entrance.
King’s Island offers seniors over the age of 62 various discounts as well You can also get a senior discount on one-day tickets and seasonal packages at Dolly Parton’s Tennessee-based park, Dollywood, that includes activities for all of the family.
21. Health Insurance Savings
Health insurance is now available to more Americans than ever before. Subsidized options are easily available to low-income individuals and families. In the past, many people took the risk of not being insured, but with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) you can be fined if you don’t have qualified health care insurance.
Instead of paying a fine, people who have not been able to afford insurance before are looking for affordable medical insurance options. Whether you have low, mid, or high income, you could greatly reduce your health insurance by using HealthInsurance.net to compare policies and prices, and find what’s best for you.
22. Drugstore Discounts
Medicine becomes essential as your body ages. And that need for medicine can really hurt your wallet. Here are various drugstores that offer discounts to senior citizens. Keep in mind that discounts may vary by location.
- CVS Pharmacy: Those enrolled in the CVS ExtraCare Savings and Rewards program can save more with coupons in-store and online via the ExtraCare Coupon Center. As you shop and fill prescriptions, you also earn ExtraBucks Rewards.
- Rite Aid: You can get 20% off brand-name and generic prescription drugs with the Rite Aid Rx Savings Program. Sign up today and get an Rx Savings Card that will give you access to thousands of exclusive discounts at Rite Aid pharmacies!
- Costco Member Prescription Program: You and your family members can save up to 80% (at time of sale) with the Costco Member Prescription Program. If you have no prescription drug insurance, or if you do and it does not cover all your prescription medications – this the program that will help you save loads.
- Narcup: If you don’t have prescription drug insurance (or if it doesn’t cover all your medications), get the Narcup prescription discount card for free and save up to 50% on FDA approved drugs. Good to know – they also cover certain pet medications!
- Kmart: To get covered for most generic drugs (starting at $5 for a 30-day supply or at $10 for a 90-day supply), 10% of pet prescription and 25% off vaccinations join the Prescription Savings Club at Kmart (Pharmacy Savings Plus). It will cost you only $15 per household or $10 per person (annually).
- Walgreens Prescription Savings Club: Get exclusive discounts and special offers with your Prescription Savings Club Card. Membership fee – $20/person or $35/household annually. The best part – if you don’t save at least the cost if your membership fee, Walgreens will pay you the difference!
- Walmart Pharmacy Services: The company offers low-cost generic prescription medications, $4 refills for generics, branded drugs, and even pet medications. Check Walmart drug list to see how much you can save on your medications.
23. Natural History Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Metropolitan Museum of Art
Museums are a great way to spend time with your loved ones, so why not get discounts on those museum tickets. Most museums offer reduced ticket prices for senior citizens, for example Natural History Museum of Los Angeles offers a 25% discount for senior citizens.
Also, many museums in the U.S. have Free Admission Days, where citizens can enjoy the exhibitions for free. It is best to plan in advance and check the particular museums website for senior discounts. Also, there is always an option of calling the museum administration if you have any unanswered questions.
24. Public Transport Discounts
This one is no secret. Many bus and train operators offer discounts for seniors. Rail service, Amtrak will give over 65s a 10% discount on tickets, and Greyhound will save you 5%. 65-years old and over can score 10% with Trailways.
Sixt automatically applies a discount if you book online. Hertz offers exclusive car deals for those over the age of 50.
25. Flight Discounts
Southwest Airlines, United Airlines
If you are thinking of traveling somewhere further from home you might need to know that you can get senior discounts from airlines too. Southwest Airlines will charge retirees at cheaper senior rates, just show proof of age when you are booking.
United Airlines offers senior fares to selected travel destinations for passengers who are 65 and older. Ask for more details on these great fares when you make your reservation or select the seniors (age 65 and older) category when you make your booking. Continental also offers senior discounts on select routes, and you can get senior fares from American Airlines if you contact them by phone.
Keep in mind that some discounts may vary and can change without notice.
26. Get a Haircut For Less
SuperCuts, Great Clips & MasterCuts
A tidy hair cut doesn’t need to cost a fortune! Keep your hair looking stylish and your dye job looking fresh for less at hair salons that offer a Senior Discount. At SuperCuts, seniors can get $2 off the regular adult price for a haircut. With over 2,000 locations across the United States, SuperCuts can be found in 46 U.S states. At most SuperCuts salons, the age restriction is 60, but this may vary by location, so please call before you go.
Great Clips has more 3,000 locations across the U.S and Canada and offers $3 off a regular hair cut for seniors that are 60 or older. MasterCuts offers customers 60 and older a 20% discount on all salon services and hair care products, Monday – Thursday only. To get this discount, seniors must present a senior discount card that can be obtained at any MasterCuts location.
27. Get Creative
If you have a lot of time on your hands, you might like to keep them busy by getting creative. Whether it’s painting with your grandkids, making some festive decorations or maybe knitting a pair of mittens for your loved ones hobby shops have you covered.
Major hobby chain Michael’s have up to 10% exclusive discounts for senior citizens or even more off of crafting materials. Joann has specific Senior Days where senior citizens aged 55 and older receive a 20% discount off of their total purchase.
Don’t forget about these great money-saving ideas:
Life Insurance: Click here to save up to 70% on life insurance
Thank you for reading! If you liked the article, please share it with your friends and loved ones!